A wonderful way for you to get ultra-fresh picked vegetables weekly directly from a farmer, with veggies usually picked the same day you pickup your veggie box. There are many registered farms that provide weekly vegetable boxes, and if you'd like to find one closer to your home, take a look here: Ontario CSA Farm Directory Map
Our farm is located at 3560 Upper Big Chute Road, Coldwater Ontario. GOOGLE MAP
Thank you Marika for the incredible fresh veggies and beans tended with love and care. I tried some product that was new to me and I loved your helpful cooking tips. My tomatoes are finally gone and I had to buy store bought tomatoes for my sandwiches-absolutely no comparison!! The half order I had was lots for me and sometimes I had enough to share with my neighbour. Thank you Marika. I will participate again next year!! Darlene S. Orillia, Ontario, October 2016
In 2016 we had the pleasure of being part of the weekly vegetable box program. We were amazed by both the quality and variety of vegetables we received, we were even introduced to a few we hadn't tried. Marika was there to offer cooking suggestions or recipes for anything I wasn't familiar with. It was the first time I had joined a vegetable co-op and I can't say enough what an amazing experience it was. Thank-you! Dale and Dianne R.
Signup (below) to Receive Membership Fees for our 2017 Weekly Vegetable Box
- Coldwater (Saturday/Sunday) -- SOLDOUT
- Tottenham/Beeton (Wednesday's 5:30-6:30pm) -- SOLDOUT
Our 2017 Crop Plan
- Asian Greens
- Beans Fava
- Beans Green & Yellow
- Beans Romano fresh
- Beans, Pole
- Beets, Red & Yellow
- Garlic Scapes
- HERB: Mint (Canadian)
- HERB: Basil (Italian)
- HERB: Borage
- HERB: Sage
- HERB: Chives
- HERB: Garlic Chives
- HERB: Oregano (Greek)
- HERB: Parsley (Italian)
- Kohlrabi Purple
- Kohlrabi White
- Leeks (Winter crop)
- Lettuce (assorted)
- Onions (cooking/storage)
- Onions (green)
- Potatoes (sourced from another farmer)
- Peas (snap pods full)
- Peas (snow Chinese)
- Peas (sugar snap)
- Peppers (hot) Jalapeneo, Cayenne, Anaheim,
- Peppers (sweet)
- Pickling Cucumbers
- Seedless Cucumbers
- Pumpkins (pie size)
- Endive (Winter crop)
- Squash - Red Kuri
- Squash Flowers
- Swiss Chard
- Summer Turnips
- Tomatoes (for salads)
- Tomatoes (sauce)
- Tomatoes (cherry)
Considering a Weekly Vegetable Box for the 1st time?
Advantages for Consumers:
- Imagine eating ultra-fresh picked vegetables, with all the flavour and vitamin benefits. If you have only tried grocery store vegetables before, your taste buds are in for an experience of a lifetime when you try farm fresh picked vegetables! The difference is all in the timing of when the vegetable is picked.
- Get exposed to new vegetables and new ways of cooking. Simple & easy recipes will be posted on our blog and on our Facebook page.
- Kids enjoy food from "their" farm even veggies they've never been known to eat. We encourage young children to experience the farm vegetables.
- You and your family develop a relationship with the farmer and learn more about how non-genetically modified food is grown without chemicals fertilizers or pesticides.
Advantages for the Farmer:
- When families join the Vegetable Box program, it helps the farmer get a guaranteed number of people that will eat the vegetables grown in the season.
- Growing food for farm share members keeps the farmer in tune with what consumers are looking to buy and eat each season. Everyone is different and foods are different for every culture that exists in Ontario. Members learn about other flavours of vegetables that they may never experience otherwise.
Advantages for the Environment:
- We don't use pesticides or chemical fertilizers, we encourage insectivore birds, bats and beneficial insects to feed in the garden. Earthworms are a huge benefit in the soil as they are our underground tillers bringing water and nutrients down to the roots of the vegetables. Healthy plants are more resistant to diseases.
- Food grown on the farm, and sold from the farm, isn't being transported miles and miles to reach the consumer market stores.
As a Vegetable Box member, you enjoy your weekly share of the fresh, local food. You will learn about how the availability of food changes from month to month. How Mother Nature can smile and allow the Farmer to reap the reward to harvest plenty of food. If Mother Nature should frown, the Farmer experiences loss of food due to weather, insects or plant diseases. You will be one with the Farmer when you become a week vegetable box member.
There's an appreciation that goes into growing vegetables and eating fresh vitamin-rich nutritious foods. Our policy is no pesticides, no artificial fertilizers, no-GMO seeds, hand-weeding, and also providing a food source for beneficial insects and birds. There's absolutely no comparison to buying fresh picked vegetables right from the farm. We'd love to share our love of vegetables with you and exchange recipes. Let's celebrate Life and Eat well everyday!
Be sure to READ our Blog pages to learn more about what we do on the farm.